Painted Fighters



I've painted up two squadrons for each of the "factions" I have.

Again, I don't have any identities for the factions yet, so they're just identified by colors at the moment.
I created two squadrons, one Light and one Medium, for each.  Trying to match design elements together to create a cohesive feel to them. 

First I did the Blue/White squadron

Light fighters in the front, the heavier Mediums in the rear.  I actually have enough of the Mediums to add a second squadron, and a third fighter design that fits best with these, so I'll probably add them.  That would make this the largest group I have, so they'll be used as the "hero faction" for my gaming.
    On these I painted the canopies with gloss varnish.  It looks ok, but I don't know what it's really worth it.

The Green Guys!

    Light in the front, Mediums in the rear.  In this case I had seven of the light fighters, so there's 6 in this squadron.  I designed them to be 5 points each instead of the normal 7.  So they're kind of weak, but there's a lot of 'em.  
    There's two different paint styles going on in the light fighters, so I can add a couple more if I get them, and then have 2 normal value squadrons.  The mediums and two lights are painted a really pale green, then washed with the green tone. The lighter ones there are straight green tone over white. I like both styles, but the green/wash a little more than the white/wash.
    The Mediums have a metallic green canopy, which looks really good. I might go back an add that to the light fighters too.  

The Brown Guys!

Lights front, medium rear. 
 Not a lot to say about these.  I like them, and they're mostly brown.  
That's all I got.

The Purple Guys!

    Lights front, HEAVIES back.
I only had two of the fighters in the back row, so I built them up as Heavy fighters.  Point value wise, they are equivalent to three mediums.
    I like how they came out, I think the purple really works on them.  I primed them a really light lilac, then washed them with a purple tone that highlighted and darkened. Other than that, there's not much to say on them.

I have a group of fighters I'm painting red, but only four, and no others to use as mediums.  I'm not done with them yet, and I'm not sure what to use them as.

Once I get some games in I should have more description on the fighter characteristics, but this post is really more about showing off the painting.

Comments

Alan M said…
They all look fantastic and a good way to use the variety of types in a pack. Particularly like the metallic canopies, reminds me of the gold ones you see on F16s,